MADISON, WI – Madison Area Mechanical & Sheet Metal Contractors Association (MSC) and Steamfitters Local 601 will host the 32nd Annual Heat’s On event on Saturday, October 19, 2019. Over 60 area steamfitters will volunteer a day of labor to inspect and service heating systems in 60 qualified veterans’ homes throughout Dane County. Trucks and equipment used for the day are donated by local union heating contractors, and replacement parts are donated by area suppliers.
“Our veterans have laid their life on the line for our freedom, the least we can do is come over, clean their furnace, and make sure everything is running properly,” said Brad Werlein, President of General Heating and Air Conditioning. “We jump at the chance to volunteer for Heat’s On. Meeting and hearing stories from our veterans is the highlight of our year!”
Criteria to receive free maintenance:
• Veteran home owner, or surviving spouse
• Dane County Resident
• Gas Furnace
Heat’s On is seeking requests for veteran homeowners in Dane County to receive free furnace maintenance during this year’s event. Veteran home owners, or a surviving spouse of a veteran, that are interested in having Heat’s On come check their furnace, contact one of these sponsoring organizations by Wednesday, October 9, 2019, to be considered for free furnace maintenance:
• Dane County Veteran Service Office (CVSO), phone: 608-266-4158
• Madison VA Hospital – Patient Education Resource Center, phone: 608-280-2031
• MSC Office – Kim Chacos, phone: (608) 288-1414, email: email@example.com.
Homeowners who do not meet the criteria, but would like to have their heating systems serviced, can contact the MSC Office at 608-288-1414 for a union contractor referral.
Heat’s On has been serving Dane County residents since 1987, and have performed maintenance services on over 2,500 furnaces. The purpose of Heat’s On is to reduce the occurrence of veterans going without heat or facing other life-threatening emergencies associated with home heating systems.
“Furnaces are built to last many, many years, some even 30 years,” said Kendall Richards, President of All Comfort Services. “However, the lack of annual maintenance and dirty filters can shorten the life of a furnace very quickly. Heat’s On has not only saved hundreds of dollars for our veterans, but it has also saved lives too!”
Two years ago, Heat’s On replaced the furnace of a World War II veteran who had been taken to the hospital twice with carbon monoxide poisoning. The leak in the furnace that was causing the poisoning was discovered and fixed by Heat’s On.
Last year, amongst the many veterans that the program serviced, Heat’s On assisted with a furnace of a family with three generations of veterans.
Heat’s On will kick off the event at the Steamfitters Local 601 Training School at 6310 Town Center Drive, Madison, WI, starting with breakfast, provided by Gaylord Catering, for the service technicians at 7:00 a.m.
Agenda for Heat’s On – Saturday, October 19, 2019
7:00 a.m. – Breakfast
7:30 a.m. – Program
8:00 a.m. – Photos
8:15 a.m. – Service Calls
MSC is a non-profit contractor association representing union contractors in the heating, piping, air conditioning, and sheet metal industry. Their members are dedicated professionals who provide high-quality, cost-efficient products and services with a commitment to safety.
About Steamfitters Local 601:
Steamfitters Local 601 is comprised of approximately 2,400 members, and represents a 14-county area in southeastern Wisconsin. While the majority of membership is comprised of Steamfitters and Refrigeration/Service Fitters, they also represent other classifications such as gas distribution, helpers, and welders. Their members work on a variety of jobsites including residential and commercial heating and cooling systems, breweries, and power plants.
Participating Madison Contractors:
• 1901, Inc. (formerly H&H Industries), Owner Paul Christensen, phone: 608-273-3434
• All Comfort Services, President Kendall Richards, phone: 608-838-7300
• Bassett Mechanical, Area HVAC Service Manager Chad Warnecke, phone: 608-838-6362
• General Heating & Air Conditioning, Labor Manager Mike Polster, phone: 608-271-3900
• Illingworth-Kilgust Mechanical, Vice President Tim Wipperfurth, phone: 608-222-9196
• The Waldinger Corporation, Service Manager Tami Schultz, phone: 608-221-8886
Participating Supply Houses:
• Design Air, Branch Manager Barb Verbitsky, phone: 608-226-0344
• First Supply, Sales Manager Mark Arrowood, phone: 608-222-7799
• Gustave A. Larson, Store Manager Aaron Demuth, phone: 608-221-3301
• Industrial Control, Matt Chicker, phone: 608-273-1717
• Johnstone Supply, Owner Dan Kunze, phone: 608-223-1499
• Temperature Systems, Sales & Refrigeration, Roy Kempfer, phone: 608-327-2345
For more information, please contact Julie Walsh, Madison Area Mechanical & Sheet Metal Contractors Association at 608-288-1414 or firstname.lastname@example.org.