Member Benefits of MSC and MAPC
Contractor and Associate Member Benefits & Services
- Association Meetings: Members are encouraged to attend a variety of meetings and social functions sponsored by MSC and MAPC. In addition to business meetings, continuing education classes are routinely scheduled, as well as open forum discussion meetings with our Associate Supplier Members.
- Educational Opportunities: The Association routinely offers educational classes for both the Contractor and Associate Members. These programs include, human resource management related courses, OSHA Record-keeping Rule Changes, foreman training, code changes, etc. Trade-related seminar information is also forwarded to members by the Association Staff.
- Industry Liaison: The Association and its staff work to serve as an industry liaison on behalf of the Association and its members. The Association Staff participates in a variety of roles in connection with National and State Associations, the State Apprenticeship Advisory Committee, and various state agencies. Members benefit from the friendly relationships the Association maintains with other branches of the construction industry, the architects, engineers, city, state and federal officials, and the general public. Membership cultivates a cooperative spirit among member competitors, and encourages mutual respect.
- Legislation: The interests of the plumbing, sheet metal and steamfitting industry are protected and defended through the affiliation with the National and State Associations. The efforts of these watchdog associations are essential to the survival of each industry. Legislative updates are routinely provided for its Members.
- Regulatory/Legislative: The Association Staff works to provide information to you on any regulatory or legislative changes or initiatives that may affect your business.
- Social Activities: Several different social activities are scheduled throughout the year, including a golf outing, summer outing, and two holiday parties. These activities provide a wonderful opportunity for contractor members to mingle with other contractors, area suppliers, honorary members, architect, engineers, city officials and labor representatives.
- Combined Meetings: Combined Meetings are scheduled two times during the course of the year for both contractor and suppliers members. The meetings provide an opportunity to socialize with area contractors and suppliers, and to hear presentations on a variety of relative topics.
- Technical Manuals: The Association has a variety of technical and project management oriented manuals available for use. Manuals can also be order for members upon request.
- General Assistance & Member Services: The Association Staff is available to address any question or requests from all members.